Page 3 / 3 Prev
  RSS

Philip Rand
(@philip-rand)
Eminent Member
04/12/2017 5:04 am  

Questions11...

You are not going to state that:

X and cause are not part of the universe.

This is a necessary brute fact.

Are you?

ReplyQuote
Questions11
(@questions11)
04/12/2017 5:25 am  

Huh?  You lose me more and more ...

Maybe it would be easier if you just posted your explanation of a being whose necessity explains their own existence.

Yes, I appear sideways on some systems. Not on mine, though.

ReplyQuote
Philip Rand
(@philip-rand)
Eminent Member
04/12/2017 6:29 am  

OK Questions11... though it is the easiest option, you won't understand the final result... but, as you wish:

Necessity is not determined by reality in the way the description of reality is.

ReplyQuote
Questions11
(@questions11)
04/12/2017 9:10 am  

Could you unpack that for me a bit?

Yes, I appear sideways on some systems. Not on mine, though.

ReplyQuote
Philip Rand
(@philip-rand)
Eminent Member
05/12/2017 12:50 am  

Questions11,

I've all ready given you much "unpacking" in preceding posts....unfortunately, your perception that a necessary truth explains its own existence is incorrect (that concept is only consistent with the interpretation that the world consists in the totality of facts not of things... and this can be shown to be false)...you have since retreated from your earlier tabled position of internal-relations; recognising that "the totality of things" is what is fundamental... however, you are now simply conflating facts and things (because you hold that a necessary truth explains its own existence)... this is why for you you are getting lost.

Let's go back and review what I have given you:

Necessity is not determined by reality in the way the description of reality is.

Why is there something rather than nothing? Because in ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.(Ephesians 2:7)

It doesn't get much more unpacked than this!

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register