[Sticky] Report bugs; make suggestions.  

RSS

Cameron Bertuzzi
(@admin)
Member Admin
01/11/2017 11:05 am  

Please use this thread to report any bugs or annoyances found on the site. Also, feel free to give recommendations on how the site can be improved. All feedback will be taken into consideration.

ReplyQuote
GotTheGift
(@gotthegift)
01/11/2017 3:56 pm  

In my opinion, the text used when quoting other members in a reply post is difficult to read. 

ReplyQuote
Cameron Bertuzzi
(@admin)
Member Admin
01/11/2017 4:02 pm  
Posted by: GotTheGift

In my opinion, the text used when quoting other members in a reply post is difficult to read. 

Yep! I've been working on fixing it all day. We just finished, it looks great now. What I suggest, if you're still having issues, is to clear the cache in your browser. That should solve any further issues.

ReplyQuote
JohnBee
(@johnbee)
01/11/2017 6:21 pm  

Not sure what's available in terms of mods, but a new posts since last visit counter in the header could be prove handy. 

Also, would it be possible to add a photography forums. Maybe something to discuss gear, shooting tips and showcase images ? 

PS. I'm not familiar with the forum in terms of features etc. and so if I sound like I have no clue what I'm talking about, it's most likely that this is exactly what's happening :p

Trolls are neither interested nor committed to the truth!

ReplyQuote
JohnBee
(@johnbee)
01/11/2017 6:23 pm  

NB. there appears to be a "p" character in the post submission field - a rogue character at the template level perhaps?

I'm using Chrome btw

ReplyQuote
Cameron Bertuzzi
(@admin)
Member Admin
01/11/2017 6:29 pm  
Posted by: JohnBee

Not sure what's available in terms of mods, but a new posts since last visit counter in the header could be prove handy. 

Also, would it be possible to add a photography forums. Maybe something to discuss gear, shooting tips and showcase images ? 

PS. I'm not familiar with the forum in terms of features etc. and so if I sound like I have no clue what I'm talking about, it's most likely that this is exactly what's happening :p

I’ll look into the mods. Not sure there will be many. And yes, we can definitely add a photography forum! That’s a great idea.

To the extra ‘p,’ that’s a paragraph symbol. Nothing to be worried about.

JohnBee liked
ReplyQuote
Cameron Bertuzzi
(@admin)
Member Admin
01/11/2017 7:26 pm  

Here's a list of add-ons available. They all cost $$:

https://gvectors.com/product-category/wpforo/

ReplyQuote
JohnBee
(@johnbee)
01/11/2017 7:30 pm  
Posted by: Cameron Bertuzzi

Very interesting. 

Not to cross any lines or anything, but I was wondering if this a Wordpress driven forum?

Edited: 1 month  ago

ReplyQuote
Cameron Bertuzzi
(@admin)
Member Admin
02/11/2017 8:45 am  

Very interesting. 

Not to cross any lines or anything, but I was wondering if this a Wordpress driven forum?

Not crossing the line at all. And yes, the website itself is Wordpress. The forum software is a free plugin for Wordpress.

ReplyQuote
JohnBee
(@johnbee)
02/11/2017 9:40 am  

Very interesting. 

Not crossing the line at all. And yes, the website itself is Wordpress. The forum software is a free plugin for Wordpress.

Most impressive. 
I had no idea it was so versatile. Last I looked(ages ago), Wordpress was merely a blog script. Looks like it's mature. 
With that said, I wonder how it copes under load, or in comparison to a dedicated forum software for example. 

ReplyQuote
Cameron Bertuzzi
(@admin)
Member Admin
02/11/2017 9:43 am  

Very interesting. 

Most impressive. 
I had no idea it was so versatile. Last I looked(ages ago), Wordpress was merely a blog script. Looks like it's mature. 
With that said, I wonder how it copes under load, or in comparison to a dedicated forum software for example. 

I see no reason to think it wouldn't hold up.

ReplyQuote
JohnBee
(@johnbee)
02/11/2017 9:55 am  

Very interesting. 

Most impressive. 

I see no reason to think it wouldn't hold up.

To be fair, I have no reason to question this other than from curiosity. Though I seem to recall Wordpress being resource intensive back in the day when a given number of visitors would access the script. 

Whatever the case, it seems to run smoothly from my end, and much more responsive than the RF forums. 

ReplyQuote
ReasonableRuben
(@reasonableruben)
02/11/2017 8:27 pm  

I'd love to have a sub-forum for devotions where Christians could read through certain books or passages of the Bible and together try to learn from and exult in the Word.

I for one can struggle with my devotional life, and the more opportunities to fan the flame the better.

However, I'm happy just to create a thread which could serve as this kind of space.

Edited: 1 month  ago

ReplyQuote
Cameron Bertuzzi
(@admin)
Member Admin
02/11/2017 8:30 pm  
Posted by: ReasonableRuben

I'd love to have a sub-forum for devotions where Christians could read through certain books or passages of the Bible and together try to learn from and exult in the Word.

I for one can struggle with my devotional life, and the more opportunities to fan the flame the better.

However, I'm happy just to create a thread which could serve as this kind of space.

I wouldn't be against you heading that up 😉

ReplyQuote
ReasonableRuben
(@reasonableruben)
02/11/2017 8:32 pm  
Posted by: ReasonableRuben

I wouldn't be against you heading that up 😉

I'll hop to it, Cap'n! *salute*

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register