A shot a medium format - and a quick test  

RSS

JohnBee
(@johnbee)
02/11/2017 9:46 am  

Not sure I could call it work, but here's the sum of my summer's photography experience; 

Quite sad really - not even a subject to accompany the scene 
Hopefully, the new season will bring with it more motivation for time spent on the shutter :/

The original image can be seen here 

PS. Not quite sure how to post images, I did a copy paste function, which appears to have stuck the image. Though it doesn't look as though the original dimensions were kept, or that the image can be viewed outside of the forum view layout. 

PS2. Upon reading on the Wordpress forum plugin, it would appear that there is a function to upload an image via the post editor, but I wasn't able to find this in the icon bar(might it be an option that needs enabling?)

Edited: 1 month  ago

Trolls are neither interested nor committed to the truth!

ReplyQuote
Cameron Bertuzzi
(@admin)
Member Admin
02/11/2017 10:01 am  

Great image! I love the depth of field on it. Great lighting and composition. What was it shot on?

ReplyQuote
JohnBee
(@johnbee)
02/11/2017 10:34 am  
Posted by: Cameron Bertuzzi

Great image! I love the depth of field on it. Great lighting and composition. What was it shot on?

Well thanks, I wouldn't consider it much of a shot personally but it's all I've got to show for the summer. 
With that said, I can't remember if this was shot on a 55/3.5 or 75/2.8 6x7 format lens (leaning toward 75mm).
On the sensor side, the image was captured on at 170mp Medium Format rig made by Photodiox using a Sony a7r II mirrorless sensor on a 2x3 grid. Which my tool of choice for landscape work - hope this helps

And I agree with the DOF quality of this setup. The MF advantage really comes through in cases such as these. As does the pixel quality for post processing. Making smaller formats image much harder to go back to afterward  😉

Edited: 1 month  ago

ReplyQuote
JohnBee
(@johnbee)
02/11/2017 10:40 am  

Oops, make that 250mp (uncropped). 
I wasn't able to edit the post on time before the timer went out 🙁

ReplyQuote
Cameron Bertuzzi
(@admin)
Member Admin
02/11/2017 10:51 am  
Posted by: JohnBee

Oops, make that 250mp (uncropped). 
I wasn't able to edit the post on time before the timer went out 🙁

I just increased it to 24 hours.

JohnBee liked
ReplyQuote
ReasonableRuben
(@reasonableruben)
03/11/2017 4:48 am  

Cool photo, JohnBee.

ReplyQuote
JohnBee
(@johnbee)
03/11/2017 5:29 am  
Posted by: ReasonableRuben

Cool photo, JohnBee.

Thanks Ruben, never thought the image would appeal to anyone tbh. But I'm glad you liked it 🙂

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register